Sunday, June 12, 2011

Who's Property is it Anyways?

If you own a home then you surely know what I am talking about but if not here it is.  My family lives in a large community with a homeowners association and we pay approx $140 a quarter to pay for the pools, parks, "security", etc.  Well all of that is fine but it really feels like I am just renting my house because I have to ask permission to do anything to my yard or my house such as planting/removing trees, building a fence or any other permanent fixture.  I have people who check your front and back yard on a regular basis to make sure your grass is cut and the property is clean.  Now don't get me wrong I want to live in a nice neighborhood but do I own my property?  That is a serious question.  I really believe that this has gone to far.  Maybe this is unconstitutional I don't know, maybe it is legal because it satisfies the majority.  What can or should be done about this?  Any ideas?  Any?

No comments:

Post a Comment